My daily routine



I walk into a dark room,
at the fall of dawn.
My fingers feel the wall as they
search for the power switch.
I flip it and the room shines bright.
I walk up to my work place and sit on
my throne.
"Welcome back" my speaker greets me.
I pick up my phone and I open Spotify.
I play the second waltz by Dmitri
Shostakovich 
and through my speaker, I experience bliss.
I then pick up my pen and 
open my lonely notebook that rests on my table.
My pen touches the paper and then starts to create magic.
As this phenomenon happens,
the ink transforms into a portal and sucks me into the writing.
I could try to get out of that place,
but I don't want to.
I get thrown into a world where the only limit is your flow of words.
When it stops, you get thrown out of this wondrous place.
That place is the point where heaven meets earth.
I wish my time there could last longer, but sadly like all good things, it comes to an end at one point.
When it ends I come back to the world where I'm chained to a bunch of non-logical rules set by society.
I wish it wouldn't last, but like all bad things, society outlives me into the next generation.

Comments

Popular Posts