100 Poems



A dream is an obscene word,
especially for a boy like me.
The kids at school sported cool watches,
while I sat with an empty box watching
everyone else eat their lunches.
When my nights grew humid,
I looked up expecting a fan on my ceiling.
Instead I saw the stars on the sky twinkling
through the holes on my roof.
I dreamt to pick up a pen and write magic.
My parents told me writing doesn't pay and they called me
a lunatic.
I ignored their words and continued to study as 
much as I can to pursue a career in writing.
No one in society gives a damn about a kid off the streets,
because the rich kids are busy having them fall on their feet.
Most of them can't tell a story but they rule the arts.
They said I don't belong with them.
They knocked me down, took away my golden crown.
I haven't been able to sleep peacefully since then.
No one has seen me as a writer and they never will.
If you're reading this, it means I'm probably dead.
When you bury me, a 100 poems will be buried and forgotten with me.
A 100 ideas that could've changed the world will be reduced to dust.
A 100 stories that could have inspired the masses will be left untold.
I’m just one in a thousand dreams to be dashed into the dirt.
On this note I sign out of this world, 
looking for a better place among the stars.

Comments

Popular Posts