Happy birthday to one of my favorite directors.





Dear Selvaraghavan,

I was once a naïve kid who believed that cinema was all 
about grand sets and an all-star cast.
I spent most of my time in front of the television studying cinema.
That's how I was introduced to Irandam Ulagam one day.
That marked my Introduction to you.
I googled up your name and started to watch your films one by one.
7G Rainbow Colony to Mayakkam Enna to NGK, 
it was after watching these films I learnt that you didn't need a huge budget to make a masterpiece.
I believe that you are a writer trying to express yourself in a poem.
You tried to write but the pages ended.
So you decided to bring them to life by painting them as pictures.
You set them in motion by flipping twenty-four of these pictures every second for hours.
These poems affected most of us in unspeakable ways.
Mayakkam enna, touched me on a personal level.
I live for your poetry alone.
Aayirithil Oruvan was an grand story that had to be told. 
Never in my life, will I forget the beauty of that film.
Yamini Swaminathan, Anitha, Ramsay are some of the many names which are etched in our heart forever and ever.
Today is not your birthday, it's a festival celebrating the person who gave us these names to remember.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Selvaraghavan......




(I posted this on March 5th on my instagram for his birthday).


Comments

Popular Posts