"Time waits for no one" they say



"Time waits for no one" they say.
As I lay alone with my thoughts,
I wonder what they meant by those words.
I find myself imprisoned between four walls,
while others were out there making memories.
They have been feeding me these words since I was a child and now they are holding me back. 
Do they not understand that phrase?
A thousand pictures exist in my world with me missing in the frame,
they are the reason I'm lamenting over the precious time I've lost.
When asked about my imprisonment, 
I "was too young" they claim.
I proceed closer to death and farther from life with every tick the clock makes.
Before the clock's hands come to a sudden stop, I wanna explore life,
Because at the end of time that's what my time on earth is going to be all about- discovery.

Why do I breathe if my purpose here is to make truckloads of money?

Why does my heart beat if my purpose here is to please a bunch of sadists who wish I live a bad life?

Why do I have a brain if my purpose was to follow someone else's orders? 

They call me a rebel, a spoilt brat, an out of control teenager...... I don't care. 

I've had enough of this oppression. 

I have a voice and I shall scream a silent scream, 
masked behind words and ink.
I have spent countless days crying out in pain and now they've made me strong. 

I will continue to fight because it's my right to live the way I want to. 

Comments

Popular Posts